I didn't know I had the blog set to restrict comments only to registered users. I reset it to allow anyone to post so feel free to leave a message, we would love to hear from you.
Congratulations, Scott! I'm so happy for you and Henry. It's great to see you two together, at long last.
I hope you don't mind advice, but the result of not offering it could be serious so I feel it's worth risking to tell you that I strongly suggest you not give Henry any juice, even diluted, especially apple juice, since it can cause a baby to dehydrate rapidly due to loose stools and even the runs. The sugar is dreadful for them, too. It gives them a false sense of fulness so they eat less of the foods they need for nutrition and the sugar is terrible for their teeth.
Even though he may sweat a lot, as long as he's drinking plenty of formula, he doesn't even need plain water.
I look forward to following your blog and seeing you both at home with the cows.
Thanks for the advice. I did figure out that I wasn't mixing th formula properly--the directions are in Vietnamese and the orphanage put a bigger scoop in addition to the proper small scoop in the can. Hopefully now it is all straightened out!
Is Henry eating any solids yet? The frequency of his wanting to feed might indicate that he just isn't getting enough to hold him for more than a few hours at a time. Also, solids (like rice cereal mixed with formula) help with the consistency of the bowel movements. :)
He has a dazzling smile! I'm grinning just remembering it.
Glad you had a quiet night. May there be more whhere that came from! :)
Scott: So glad that things have worked out and you now have Henry. It has been more than interesting following your journey day to day. I know you & your mother are looking forward to getting home. We all can't wait to meet Henry--have a safe journey home. Marsha
He is not eating solids as far as I have been told. I've also been told that he is 13 months as opposed to 16 months old. But with all those teeth I'm not sure if it's accurate. Now that I am mixing the formula properly I think I will be able to at least maintain his schedule. I am adding a liquid multivitamin but I am not making any big changes like introducting solid food until I get home. I've been told the transition is too difficult to handle until you get home.
Hi Scott, i'm so very happy that you finally have your little pumpkin! these transitions are difficult but the longer you're together, the easier they become, trust me, i know! BTW, our little one drank a 4 oz. bottle of plain water just about every afternoon. He did so from an early age in the orphanage. Many docs and parents caution against it but it's best to keep him hydrated. anyway, i'm glad your wait is over. Best of luck and i'd love to see y'all when you come home. your friend, stefanie holding (commerce, tx)
Congratulations Scott and Henry! I've been following along on your journey and was so happy to see you two are finally together. God bless you and your life together. M. A. E.
9 comments:
Congratulations, Scott! I'm so happy for you and Henry. It's great to see you two together, at long last.
I hope you don't mind advice, but the result of not offering it could be serious so I feel it's worth risking to tell you that I strongly suggest you not give Henry any juice, even diluted, especially apple juice, since it can cause a baby to dehydrate rapidly due to loose stools and even the runs. The sugar is dreadful for them, too. It gives them a false sense of fulness so they eat less of the foods they need for nutrition and the sugar is terrible for their teeth.
Even though he may sweat a lot, as long as he's drinking plenty of formula, he doesn't even need plain water.
I look forward to following your blog and seeing you both at home with the cows.
Again, congratulations!!!
Thanks for the advice. I did figure out that I wasn't mixing th formula properly--the directions are in Vietnamese and the orphanage put a bigger scoop in addition to the proper small scoop in the can. Hopefully now it is all straightened out!
Is Henry eating any solids yet? The frequency of his wanting to feed might indicate that he just isn't getting enough to hold him for more than a few hours at a time. Also, solids (like rice cereal mixed with formula) help with the consistency of the bowel movements. :)
He has a dazzling smile! I'm grinning just remembering it.
Glad you had a quiet night. May there be more whhere that came from! :)
Scott: So glad that things have worked out and you now have Henry. It has been more than interesting following your journey day to day. I know you & your mother are looking forward to getting home. We all can't wait to meet Henry--have a safe journey home.
Marsha
He is not eating solids as far as I have been told. I've also been told that he is 13 months as opposed to 16 months old. But with all those teeth I'm not sure if it's accurate.
Now that I am mixing the formula properly I think I will be able to at least maintain his schedule. I am adding a liquid multivitamin but I am not making any big changes like introducting solid food until I get home. I've been told the transition is too difficult to handle until you get home.
Congratulations, Scott -- we're so happy to see you all together, at last.
Melissa and Lucy and Matthew
Hi Scott,
i'm so very happy that you finally have your little pumpkin! these transitions are difficult but the longer you're together, the easier they become, trust me, i know! BTW, our little one drank a 4 oz. bottle of plain water just about every afternoon. He did so from an early age in the orphanage. Many docs and parents caution against it but it's best to keep him hydrated. anyway, i'm glad your wait is over. Best of luck and i'd love to see y'all when you come home. your friend, stefanie holding (commerce, tx)
Congratulations Scott and Henry! I've been following along on your journey and was so happy to see you two are finally together. God bless you and your life together.
M. A. E.
Scott,
Congratulations on getting Henry. I know you must be excited. We can hardly wait to meet Henry when you all come back
David
Post a Comment