
I booked a city tour at six dollars late Friday for all day Saturday. I thought it would be in a large bus with lots of people, but it ended up being four of us, a guide named Lotus and a driver. As I disovered later in the day the bus was overbooked and she was hired from another tour agency as overflow. The car was comfortable and cool. Note the glow in the dark Virgin Mary on the dashboard--the car belonged to the driver and I guess he is Catholic--the most common Christian group here.

Our first stop was the War Remnants Museum, entry fee of 10,000 dong. It's called the American War here, not the Vietnam War. And the museum used to be called the War Crimes Museum, but in homage to all the American tourists (and I suppose the increasing positive relations between our two countries) it was renamed with its more innocuous present title.
No comments:
Post a Comment