Friday, September 28, 2007
Happy Birthday Dad!
Today is my father's birthday. I had hoped to have Henry home long before now and this was supposed to be when they got to meet each other. Hopefully it won't be long now before I get Henry--I'm anxiously awaiting news. I was hoping I would have had some news today when I checked my email--the two families who are in Saigon now heard a week ago today and I thought I would be a week behind them.
The Thai Cozy House--I found this place on the internet. I have been pleased with it. It is in the trendly backpacking part of town. Not like the elegant Amari Watergate where I stayed the last time I was in Bangkok--isolated in an ivory tower from the real world.
This is the entrance to the hotel--a restaurant on the right where we get our "free" breakfast, and several shops on the left that are heavily promoted. They are still trying to get me to buy a suit in the tailor shop, and the beauty shop wanted to cut and style my mother's house. But we did use the travel agency to book our train tickets to Chiang Mai, so they can't complain.
We are on the fifth floor, which happens to have a balcony looking out on to the street below. Some of the sites aren't too compelling. But the balcony itself is nice with lots of plants.
One plus about this hotel--it has an elevator! It's the first time I've been in a place with an elevator since I got here.
Here's the room--not much to brag about, just two beds, a little dresser and fridge. No windows, but that keeps it quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment