
We fly out tomorrow for six days in the Anaheim area. I will be attending the annual conference of the American Library Association (
www.ala.org), which thankfully has child care. Things will be pretty busy while I am there, but I am hoping to see some old friends in the evening and also take a day off to see Gary and Sue and their daughter Sara. We met in Vietnam and picked up our children the same day from the orphanage in Binh Duong. Their blog is
www.macklisfamily.blogspot.com.

Henry and I have been making a regular appearance at the small lake on campus. Sometimes we go in the early morning before I drop him off, sometimes we go in the afternoon after I pick him up (though it is usually very hot then). He has learned to throw food to the ducks and seemed especially interested in the small baby ducklings.

The geese stand about as tall as Henry, and probably weigh about the same. They are a little more aggressive about wanting food, but if you keep throwing it at them they will leave you alone.

They just relandscaped the area around the lake and also added a drain. There is a nice concrete walkway going around, making it a nice spot for walking and watching the wildlife.

Henry enjoys bathtime, but doesn't like to spend a lot of time in the water. He is much more at ease with water since we visited the public waterpark in Houston. Lately he has even started putting his face down in the water, but he still does not like to be lain flat on his back. Here he is playing with a turtle my father and Mary gave him for his birthday. He likes to hold the caps under the running water. Lately I have to put him in the tub while the water is running because he insists on playing in the running water and gets very upset when I turn it off.

This morning we had enough time to walk around outside before leaving. This week I finally figured out how to balance the air in the tires on the lawn mower so that the cut is fairly even. It takes around an hour and twenty minutes to mow the entire lawn.

Wish us luck on the three hour flight tomorrow. I am carrying Henry as a lap child, since his passport indicates he is under two years old. We will have to leave home around 5 in the morning to make it to the airport on time.

1 comment:
Good luck on the flight!!! We can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment