Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeding the ducks

I found a picture frame suitable for children and put a photo of my mother in it. Henry seems to recognize her, he hold the photo up to his face and babbles.
I've looked forward to feeding the ducks and geese with Henry. They just relandscaped the small lake where they live. All I had yesterday were shoestring potatoes, which I don't think are the best thing for them because they can't pick them up with their bills and they have no other way to get food to their mouths. I've got to remember to bring bread.
Henry seems a little reluctant to mix with the animals, especially the gesse that are bigger than him. They all seem fairly tame--I think they relocated two or three aggressive ducks to the grassland project outside of town. I tried to get Henry to feed them, but whatever I gave him went into his own mouth instead of the ducks. We'll make this a regular activity and he will learn.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I wanted to let you know that I enjoy your blog and have followed your journey since you were in Vietnam. My husband and I adopted 2 kids from VN last summer and they are now 16months. Enjoy him!
Henry looks so much more filled out in the face. He looks great!