Monday, August 6, 2007

Plans to leave soon


I don't have a firm date yet for my G&R, just a tentative idea that it should be toward the end of the month. I've wanted to leave early to allow myself some time to see the country before I get Henry and am totally preoccupied, so I've started looking for travel arrangements the week of August 20th.
My mother has been gone since June 11th--a month in China and now almost a month in Vietnam. She has traveled from Hanoi to Danang and Hoi An to Ho Chi Minh City. Yesterday she left for a three day trip to the Mekong Delta. This photo is her on a motor bike taxi. Hopefully I will leave in time to have a week or two to see the sites with her (we especially would like to go to Angkor Wat in Cambodia) and I'm hoping there are no more delays and I will have my G&R by the end of August.

1 comment:

My Franks said...

I have said this before, but your Mom is amazing! I would not even get on the back of a motorbike taxi! Can't wait to read about your travels as I already miss VN.
-Crystal