In the parlance of the adoption community this is the one year anniversary since Gotcha Day--the day that I traveled with my mother to a northern suburb of HCMC to pick up Henry at the orphanage in Binh Duong.
I remember the nervous anticipation--the moment was finally here. As I've said in the past, it was like meeting a movie star--somebody I had looked at in photos and wondered about but never actually seen face to face.
Here is the room where we all waited to be ushered upstairs where the babies were located.
Loc captured the exact moment when the caregiver put Henry in my arms.
Henry was not happy at first. He did not know me, he wanted the caregivers. The first few days were a huge adjustment for both of us.
But here he is this morning. When I open the car door he leans out to me and holds his arms out for me to pick him up. He is usually still dancing from the music that I play during the drive.
A year ago today everything changed in my life. It has been a wonderful time getting to bond with Henry.




1 comment:
I can't believe it's been a year! Henry has come such a long way! Here's to many more happy years!!!!!
Post a Comment