On Sunday I gave a talk in church. The meeting is a three hour block of three meetings--the first meeting is for everyone and Henry sits with me. We usually start out in the chapel and then move into a large classroom with a speaker running from the chapel. For the last two meetings there is a nursery for children 18 months to 3 years of age and Henry happily attends that. But I was worried about him Sunday because I had to ask a lady he didn't know to hold him during my talk. He was okay for the first ten or fifteen minutes--she sat toward the back and he couldn't see me. Then during a prayer over the sacrament (or communion) I heard a baby wailing. I thought it was Henry, but I was reluctant to open my eyes and look out into the congregation, fearing that they would all be looking back at me disapprovingly. Finally I did open my eyes just in time to see my Good Samaritan (which was also the subject of my talk) running out the back door with a screaming Henry. My talk proceeded and I sat through the next speaker's talk, but I dashed out into the lobby during the rest hymn and when Henry saw me he ran toward me like he hadn't seen me in days.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Dewali!
On Sunday I gave a talk in church. The meeting is a three hour block of three meetings--the first meeting is for everyone and Henry sits with me. We usually start out in the chapel and then move into a large classroom with a speaker running from the chapel. For the last two meetings there is a nursery for children 18 months to 3 years of age and Henry happily attends that. But I was worried about him Sunday because I had to ask a lady he didn't know to hold him during my talk. He was okay for the first ten or fifteen minutes--she sat toward the back and he couldn't see me. Then during a prayer over the sacrament (or communion) I heard a baby wailing. I thought it was Henry, but I was reluctant to open my eyes and look out into the congregation, fearing that they would all be looking back at me disapprovingly. Finally I did open my eyes just in time to see my Good Samaritan (which was also the subject of my talk) running out the back door with a screaming Henry. My talk proceeded and I sat through the next speaker's talk, but I dashed out into the lobby during the rest hymn and when Henry saw me he ran toward me like he hadn't seen me in days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment