Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting the car fixed

A year ago today I was in Hue, waiting to go to Danang for Loc and Hoi's wedding. And anxiously awaiting the day when I would finally pick up little Henry. I can remember being so worried--I knew things were not going smoothly between the two governments. Information about my personal case was very hard to come by. And my fingerprints were expiring. I had to Fedex hard copies of my fingerprints to Washington DC and wait for the results to be sent back to HCMC. It was such a trying and emotional time. It was hard to imagine the wait would be over at some point. Hard to imagine that I would have a son to love and raise. Hard to imagine that a child would change my life. But here we are today--happy and still moving forward.
This is Henry in the children's waiting room at the car dealership. I had to get my windows fixed. The front one wouldn't roll up and I yanked it--which was a bad move. I guess it could have been easily fixed but I pulled something loose from the bottom of the glass and the whole thing had to be replaced. Also a motor on one of the back windows was replaced. Luckily the extended warranty paid for it.
Tomorrow Henry is having a haircut. I like his hair the way it is now--but it's hard to keep clean when he smears yogurt in it. So stay tuned for his new look.

No comments: