Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Still waiting for the INS interview

This morning we were getting our room cleaned up for two of the nuns who weren't at the monastary last Thursday when we stopped by. They wanted to see Henry, after having organized prayers to ask for a speedy process. One of the cleaning girls from the hotel came in the room and did a quick clean. They usually clean every day but we don't go out much anymore so they rarely get a chance. Later the two nuns showed up on their motorbike and spent around an hour in the lobby with us. Henry walked around the lobby with one of the nuns who held both of his hands. After they left it rained and rained. Around 6 I went down the street to buy dinner and the alley was like a river. There were places I was wading in water halfway between my ankles and knees. They have the flash rains like that around here.

The other two families had their G&R's today. Tomorrow they will have their doctor visit.

I might have gotten in today for my interview, but last Friday I gave the facilitator the wrong form. Yesterday he got the right form, but I suppose they took today to look it over. I am hoping that I get in tomorrow morning. I need to get to Hanoi by Thursday morning to keep the schedule. It takes at least twenty four hours to process the visa. Our plane leaves Hanoi Monday night, but Monday I've been told is a US holiday so the embassy will not be opened. So it must all be done by this Friday if we are to keep the schedule.

No comments: