Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Finding a Routine

Today is my first day back at work and Henry's first full day at the children's center. They give him breakfast there, but I ended up having to feed him some hot cereal before we left home anyway because he was so hungry, and it's a 25 minute drive to the campus.

He cried when I dropped him off, but at least he was in a high chair and they were putting food in front of him as some distraction. Then I called around 11 (when they put them down for a nap) and I went over there at 1:30. I didn't let him see me but I did look around the corner at him and I spoke with the caregivers. They seemed to think he was doing fine. I don't think he was eating as much as they wanted--he is going to have to learn to feed himself like they expect. They did give him two bottles which is hungrily took.
Here is my somewhat haphazard photo of the mirror looking into the back seat. This is the view I have as I drive to work--note the expansive countryside. I rarely pass any traffic except in the small town I pass through halfway to work. Henry also watched me from that mirror--I guess with an hour a day in the car we will become very accustomed to looking at each other by way of that mirror.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Thats good your getting into a routine. Henry looks great. I showed ben his picture, and he responded " Ba.. Ba.. Ba.." Whatever that may mean. LOL

Joe