Monday, January 12, 2009

Beautiful Weather and a walk on the farm

Henry has been enjoying the added space we have in the main house. Friends from church came over and helped me move a few of the bigger pieces I couldn't do by myself--now he can relax in his recliner while watching our big screen television. He continues to be mesmerized by the Wiggles.
Yesterday the weather was nice--it must have been around 68 degrees outside. There were things I needed to do outside but haven't had the chance because it was cold and windy. But yesterday we had the chance to go out and walk around. Henry warily watches the side of the barn--I had to use the air compressor to air up the tire on the wheel barrow and that always freaks him out.

Besides working around the yard (I had to pick up several shingles that blew off the roof of the house a few weeks ago) we walked way out into the pasture to retrieve this large feeding bucket. I'm not sure where it came from, it isn't one of ours. But the wind has been extremely high and it could have blown from anywhere. It has been out in the pasture for a couple of weeks
My white cat Sugarbabe followed us. She is friendlier around Henry now. She scratched Henry after we first came home. I think they both have learned each other's boundaries.

The red Gap shirt is a Christmas gift from Henry's brother Ben. It was just right for our Texas winter.

No comments: