
On Friday I picked Henry up after I got my hair cut and took him in for a trim. He didn't sit in my lap this time, although I did hold onto him. He sat on a board put across the arms of the chair. He was relatively still throughout the process.

This is Henry in the "Relief Society Room"--the usually vacant room at church that has a speaker to the chapel. This is where I usually retreat to with him after twenty or thirty minutes. He wanders around the room while I try to pay attention to the speaker. After that he goes into the nursery and I think he participates in all the activities that the other children do.

Henry has an increasing personal library of books at home. I may end up donating most of them to the library where I work after he no longer is interested in them. For now he enjoys leafing through them and he brings the ones to me that he wants read to him.

Henry likes to make noises with his tongue. The speech therapist tells me it is a good thing and that I should encourage it and also imitate him. He continues to make more and more noise, babbling and yelling. He repeats words that I say, and he does connect them with what they mean. He will not for instance say dog or cat unless there is actually a dog or cat present that he can see.

This morning Henry was very eager to get in the car. He climbs very well and can almost get in by himself. He knows that he will get a bottle of milk for the 25 minute drive to campus.
1 comment:
What a cutie! Love the pic of him blowing raspberries!
Post a Comment