Monday, February 4, 2008

A Quiet Weekend

In anticipation of Tet we spent a quiet weekend at home. Henry slept Saturday morning while I watched President Hinckley's funeral on television. In the afternoon it was warm enough to take him outside. He doesn't have much interaction with Sugar, my indoor cat. She is not very friendly and does not like to be touched. On the other hand there are several cats outside that are very friendly. Henry managed to get close enough to pet this cat.
He is ambidextrous when it comes to taking toys out of these two boxes I bought at IKEA. My idea was that the living room would be nice and tidy with the toys all put away in these boxes, but Henry seems to dislike having them out of sight. He prefers to see the toys scattered all over the floor and will use two hands to accomplish this task.
Henry also likes to walk around the house pushing this small shopping cart, picking up stray toys along the way. So far it has not been an effort to help tidy the house--he just enjoys wandering around with the cart.
Sunday after church I took Henry to the city park. The nicer park with all the new equipment was too crowded, so we went to this smaller and older one where we were the only people there. He tolerated the swing but I don't think he really liked it.
We ended the evening by watching the Celitic Woman concert on PBS. I thought maybe the slow tempo music would mesmerize him into a state of sleepiness.

1 comment:

sue and gary said...

Good way to try to be organized! We have toys EVERYWHERE!!!