Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

The Children's Center had a Valentine's Day party today. I was informed yesterday when I picked up Henry that I needed to bring two bags of candy and 28 valentines today. Thanks goodness I wasn't asked to bake cookies at that short notice.

When I got there Henry was eating ice cream and cookies and cake. I was reluctant to let him see me--he cried for me when I went to the Christmas party. But he did eventually see me and seemed okay, although I had to sit by him and feed him the rest of his ice cream. After about five minutes I got up and moved to the edge of the room, he was still okay. Then I left and came back to the library.

He seemed to be having a good time. He seems to play well with the other children. I am hoping he learns to talk faster by being around children that are talking and having those tubes in his ear so he can hear better.

Last night on the way home (which is 24 miles) I stopped at the small grocery store that is run by a Vietnamese family. They have a seven month old girl. They seem anxious for me to bring Henry over to play with her when she is older, I guess they don't seem too many more Vietnamese children around here.

1 comment:

Lisa and Tate said...

Henry sounds and looks like he is going so great! Just seeing the pictures of him with you mom, you can see how much he has filled out and looks so much healthier and happier! You are doing a terrific job as a dad!!!

Lisa
(from SALDS)