
Friday night Henry and I met members of my family, including my grandmother, at an all you can eat fish restaurant in the small town near where she lives. Henry ate a few bites of fish and some french fries, but he liked the gravy the most. I finally relented and let him scoop it up with his hands and put it in his mouth. I don't like him to make such a mess, smearing the food all over his face, but I've been told that is a state he must go through in order to learn to feed himself.

First I tried feeding him with a spoon, then I gave him the spoon. But as can be seen he most enjoyed just dipping his hand in the gravy.


On Saturday morning we had what was called a "garden party" at our church. It started at 8 but those with small children were told not to come until 10:30. Henry wasn't really able to plant flowers with the other children, who seemed to be age 4 to 8. He did play a little with the bubbles and a big ball and he chased a dog somebody brought. Then lunch began and we had hamburgers and hot dogs.

On Sunday I put Henry in this little outfit with a red tie. It barely fits him but I wanted him to wear it at least once before he's outgrown it. This is the first weekend that has been warm enough for him to wear it. He has grown accustomed to the three hour church meeting. I still stay in the lobby or a classroom (with a speaker) during the sacrament meeting. He's just too difficult to manage in the chapel. But he really likes the nursery--he doesn't cry anymore when I leave him and the ladies tell me he is the only child who does all the hand movements and claps at the end of the songs. I think he is going to like music a lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment